Protect Your Farm With The Farm-Guard® Policy
Thank you for considering the Farm-Guard® liability insurance policy. This web page will help you make an informed decision about the insurance coverages we offer and the coverages you need.
The Farm-Guard® protects the members of your household against financial disaster from accidents or injuries occurring on your farm — whether you’re a farm owner or tenant.
The policy provides a broad range of standard coverages as well as a variety of optional coverages to customize protection to fit your farming operation.
Protection against claims of negligence arising from your farming operations, use of the premises or personal acts. Fire legal liability is included for real and personal property.
Physical Damage to Property of Others
Pays for damages to property you borrow, such as farm machinery.
Medical Payments to Public
Pays for accidental injury to the public on your premises, by your livestock or because of your farming operations or personal acts.
If state law doesn’t require you to carry Workers’ Compensation, Farm-Guard® also provides:
Protection against liability for injuries suffered by your farm employees while working for you.
Medical Payments to Farm Employees
Covers medical expenses for accidental injury suffered by your farm employees while on the job, even if you are not at fault. Includes death indemnity for accidental death.
- Coverage for losses arising out of custom farming or feeding when receipts total less than $2,000
- Protection from losses arising from business pursuits when receipts total less than $2,000
- Property damage protection for accidental spray drifts of farm chemicals when applied by any means other than aircraft.
- Contractual liability relating to the farming operations, goods or products or residence premises.
- Pollution coverage for losses caused by windstorm, accidental collision, overturn or breakage.
Per person/per occurrence limits for public liability and employer’s liability
Combined Single Limits
Per occurrence limit for public liability and employer’s liability
- Custom Farming *
- Custom Feeding *
- Residential Rental Property
- Additional Insured
- Business Activities *
- Employee Occupational Liability
- Contractual Liability
- Home Day Care
- Waterbed Liability
- Personal Injury
- Additional Premises
- Medical Payments — Named Persons
- Hunting and Fishing
- Milk Contamination
* When above $2,000 in receipts
Available Premium Credits
- Owner Occupied —35% reduction in premium when the landlord has leased 90% of the farm to a tenant. The landlord must not have direct control over the farm premises or any interest in the farm equipment or livestock.
- Non-Occupied — 50% reduction is premium when the landlord does not live on the farm or have any direct control over the farm premises.
A 20% reduction in premium when no livestock are owned by or in the care, custody or control of the insured.
Country Home Option
Premium reduction when total acreage is under 40 acres and only incidental farming operations are conducted.